EFFA Affiliation Program
- Teams must declare affiliations prior to the commencement of week 10 of the schedule of the current year.
- Players can only play with teams that their team is affiliated with.
- Teams can bring out a maximum of four players per game from affiliated teams.
- There is no limit on how many games a player may play with an affiliated team.
- Players that play on an affiliated team in a lower division are not eligible to throw a forward pass.
- If during the season additional divisions are created, players will only be allowed to play as an affiliated player for teams based on the affiliation and division structures that existed at the start of the season.
- Players cannot play on an affiliated team in the playoffs.
- Teams can be affiliated with only one team above them and one team below.
- Players cannot transfer to an affiliated team during the current season. Exemptions may be granted by the EFFA executive. In the case where an exemption has been granted, any games played prior to the transfer do not count towards playoff eligibility.
- Players can play for affiliated teams in their affiliation structure as below:
- Directly below them in their affiliation structure. Example: Division 1, division 3 and division 4 teams are affiliated. A player from the division 1 team can only play for the division 3 team and not the division 4 team.
- Any team that is above them in their affiliation structure. Example: Division 1, division 3 and division 4 teams are affiliated. A player from the division 4 team can play for the division 1 and division 3 teams.
- First abuse of the rule will result in a defaulted game and $100 fine.
- Second abuse will result in a defaulted game, $100 fine and expulsion from the affiliation program for 1 year.
- Team representatives MUST declare before the start of the game to the referees and opposing team representatives that affiliated players are playing in that game, and identify the affiliated players.
- Affiliated players MUST be noted as such on the game sheet by putting their name in the affiliate section of the roster (gray shaded area).
- Valid picture ID MUST be presented to the referees for an affiliate to be eligible to play.
Registered Affiliations for 2023 season:
- ASI Roosters(1) - Goats(3) - Misfits(4)
- Crusaders(1) - Vipers(2) - Cowboys(4)
- Raiders(1) - Hammerheads(2) - Crush(3)
- Ravens(1) - Cougar Hunters(2) - Diggers(3)
- Rebels(1) - Cobras(2)
- Super 7s(1) - Warriors (2)
- Brotherhood(2) - Edmonton Jaguars(4)
- Young Guns(2) - The U(4)