EFFA Affiliation Program
- Teams must declare affiliations prior to the commencement of week 10 of the schedule of the current year.
- Players can only play with teams that their team is affiliated with.
- Teams can bring out a maximum of four players per game from affiliated teams.
- There is no limit on how many games a player may play with an affiliated team.
- Players that play on an affiliated team in a lower division are not eligible to throw a forward pass.
- When a players plays on a lower affiliate, it may only be for a team in the division directly below them as the division structure existed at the start of the season. If during the season additional divisions are created, this rule will be applied based on the division structure that existed at the start of the season.
- Players cannot play on an affiliated team in the playoffs.
- Teams can be affiliated with only one team above them and one team below.
- Players cannot transfer to an affiliated team during the current season. Exemptions may be granted by the EFFA executive.
- Players can only play for the affiliated team that is next above or below them. Examples: Division 1, division 2, division 3 and division 4 teams are affiliated. A player from the division 3 team can only play for the division 2 team and not the division 1 team. A player from the division 2 team can only play for the division 3 team and not the division 4 team.
- First abuse of the rule will result in a defaulted game and $100 fine.
- Second abuse will result in a defaulted game, $100 fine and expulsion from the affiliation program for 1 year.
- For a 24 team division 1 (conference format) the following revisions to the general rules apply:
- Teams must declare affiliations prior to the commencement of week 13 of the schedule of the current year.
- Teams can be affiliated with a team from the other conference of division 1 and from division 5 as the division structure existed at the start of the season.
- The team that you affiliate with from the other conference is considered to be the higher ranked team for purposes of affiliation movement.
- The EFFA executive must approve all affiliations.
- After the first round robin of the schedule, teams may select new affiliations to align with new division structure (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
- Team representatives MUST declare before the start of the game to the referees and opposing team representatives that affiliated players are playing in that game, and identify the affiliated players.
- Affiliated players MUST be noted as such on the game sheet by putting their name in the affiliate section of the roster (gray shaded area).
- Valid picture ID MUST be presented to the referees for an affiliate to be eligible to play.
Registered Affiliations for 2018 season:
- Generous Helpings(1) - Bearcats(4)
- Hellhounds(1) - Isotopes(3) - Bison(5)
- Raiders(1) - Cobras(3)
- Rebels(1) - Predators(2)
- Super Sevens(1) - Ravens(2)
- Crush(2) - Hammerheads(5)
- Goats(2) - The Grovers(5)
- Tradesmen(4) - Big TDs and Beer(5)
- Young Guns(4) - The U(5)
- Wizards(4) - Diggers(5)